5 tips: Be heart smart!Your heart is the powerhouse to your whole body—that’s why it’s important to provide it with the attention and care it needs.
Therefore, with love and all our heart, we give you 5 tips for a healthy heart!
1. Eat hearth healthy foodsCan eating certain foods reduce the risk of heart disease? Fortunately, the answer is yes!
Eating plenty of fruit, vegetables and foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids is the basis for protecting your heart.
Fish such as salmon is rich in those omega fatty acids and therefore super important for keeping your heart healthy!
2. Exercise regularlyEnough exercise and sports keep your heart and blood vessels in shape. It also lowers your blood pressure.
Want a #summerbody to show of? Here's another reason to do it more often!
3. Quit smokingThe substances in tobacco damage your heart and blood vessels. Nicotine increases your heart rate and blood pressure. The carbon monoxide displaces the oxygen in the blood. And besides being good for your heart, it's also good for your bank account!
4. Red wine (in moderation)If you didn't like the previous tip, you might like this one! Red wine, in moderation, has long been considered healthy for the heart. The certain substances and alcohol in red wine may help prevent coronary artery disease, the condition that leads to heart attacks.
But always drink in moderation, because too much is never healthy!
5. Get enough restResearch shows that a poor sleep rhythm and stress can double the risk of cardiovascular disease. So it's very important to get enough rest and learn to deal with stress.
And the previous tips can help with that! For example, enjoy a night of good salmon and a glass of wine, or get out and exercise!
Whatever you do, be kind to your heart.