Salmon Pesto PastaThis super simple and elegant recipe for pesto salmon pasta is perfect for company. Because the dish is so simple, it is perfect for a party, especially if you are a novice cook.
Serve this simple and elegant dish with some toasted garlic bread and a fresh green salad with grape or cherry tomatoes and a simple vinaigrette dressing.
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 10 min
Total: 25 min
Portions: 6 servings
- 2 grilled VÅRLAKS salmon steaks (or smoked salmon)
- Kosher salt
- 1 pack of 16g spaghetti
- 1 can of basil pesto
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided.
- Cut the salmon into pieces.
- In a large pan over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add some salt to the boiling water, then add the pasta and stir.
- When you have added the pasta to the water, whisk together the pesto, cream and sour cream in a large saucepan. Heat this mixture for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring frequently with a whisk.
- Stir the salmon pieces into the cream mixture with a wooden spoon and continue to heat on low heat; the mixture will start to simmer.
- Drain the pasta when it is al dente.
- Add the drained pasta to the salmon mixture, along with half the Parmesan cheese.
- Turn the heat of the pan to medium and cook, stirring gently with tongs, until the spaghetti is coated and the mixture is well heated.
- Serve with the rest of the Parmesan cheese.
Bon appetit and enjoy!