Traditional Creamy Salmon SoupSavor the tradition: Creamy Norwegian Salmon Soup
Delight in the authentic flavors of Traditional Creamy Norwegian Salmon Soup. This heartwarming dish combines tender salmon, sliced carrots, and diced potatoes in a velvety, creamy base. Topped with fresh dill, it's a taste of Norway that's both comforting and satisfying.
Try this easy-to-follow recipe for a truly nourishing meal.
- 300 g salmon fillet
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 750 ml fish broth
- 250 ml whole milk
- 125 ml heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill, chopped, for garnish
- Heat the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and sauté until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the sliced carrots and sliced potatoes. Sauté them briefly until they start to soften.
- Add the flour and stir well to form a roux. Let the roux cook for a minute to remove the floury taste.
- Gradually pour the fish broth while storring to prevent lumps. Let the soup simmer gently for a few more minutes.
- Add the diced salmon pieces and allow them into the soup for just a few minutes until done.
- Pour the whole milk and heavy cream into the soup and stir well. Let the soup simmer gently for a few more minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
- Serve the creamy salmon soup in bowls, garnished with fresh dill and optionally some additional pepper.
- Enjoy this delightful Norwegian salmon soup as a comforting meal!
This Traditional Norwegian Salmon Soup offers a delicious blend of creaminess, tender salmon, vegetables and fresh herbs!