New year? New goals!Do you all also have good intentions for 2023? Are you going for a healthy lifestyle this year?
We can help you with that! Add salmon to your diet and you'll be amazed at the health benefits.
Salmon is extremely nutritious, as it is high in protein, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. Studies have found that incorporating fish into your diet has many health benefits.
We have collected 6 health benefits for you especially for the new year.
1. Improves heart healthSalmon is known as a superfood when it comes to heart health. Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants and essential vitamins help lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels in the blood, which reduces the risk of developing heart diseases such as heart attacks and arrhythmias (abnormal heartbeats).
2. Promotes brain healthHigh levels of DHA, vitamins A and D, and selenium that promote brain health and function. Supplements containing these substances are known to improve cognition and learning ability.
3. Reduces joint inflammationSalmon contains calcitonin (a bioactive peptide) that stabilizes and regulates collagen synthesis in the cartilage around the joints. Omega-3 fatty acids also play a role in reducing inflammation in the joints in people with osteoarthritis.
4. Healthy skinAdd salmon to your skincare routine! Vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids improve skin health by reducing cellular damage caused by free radicals. This prevents premature aging of the skin.Another reason to eat salmon more often!
5. Helps with weight lossSalmon can help you lose weight and maintain your goal weight. This is because the fish is low in calories and rich in protein. These nutrients not only make you feel full for a long time, but also have a beneficial effect on hormones that regulate your appetite. Moreover, proteins stimulate your metabolism, which also benefits your weight.
6. VersatileSalmon is a very versatile fish, besides being delicious. It does well in a variety of preparations, such as baking, steaming, grilling, poaching or smoking. It can even be eaten raw.
With these benefits, you are sure to enter the new year healthy! Looking for a tasty salmon recipe to get you started? Take a look at our recipe page!